Sunday 9 November 2008

Now Hold On A Minute..

This doesn't seem fair..

Proposed legal tax on spouses of accused 'will force couples to divorce'


The wives of men facing criminal charges will have their wages docked by the Government to pay for their defence.

And they could even be forced to remortgage the family home to settle the bill for legal fees.

Critics say women will be forced to divorce their husbands to avoid the new ‘legal tax’, which is being proposed by Justice Secretary Jack Straw to save £50million a year in legal aid payouts.

Under the scheme, revealed last week, families with annual incomes between £20,000 and £40,000 are likely to have to contribute to defence costs. Those earning more than £40,000 will probably have to pay the full cost.

So, the average wage is around £20,000. That would mean that all 'average' families would be within the outlined band for payment? So, everyone, except the CHAVs, you know, the ones responsible for the most cowardly crimes, like knocking old ladies on the head, and nicking their handbags? The scum of modern British society. (Excluding our political class of course.)


And wait..

Only defendants who are completely acquitted will get their money back. People charged with serious offences who see their cases downgraded will still have to pay towards the cost.

Now let's say that I had given my details to Mr. Bayley's representitive in the LPUK 1984 campain as requested, and they then decide to use new terrorism laws, say, the 28 day detention law, to see if I am in fact a closet terrorist, instead of an ordinary bloke, who's pissed off with where his Country is heading and want's to try and stop it. My Solicitor, trying to get me out all along.

Now lets say that they decide to charge me for thought crimes, like, I don't know, how about 'daring to disagree with Government interests' or something equally ridiculous, but taking what? 18 Months to get the case downgraded to a slapped hand for looking at blogs that are, in their eyes, "a dangerous corrosion in our political culture."

18 Months of legal fees, to get me from being a suspected terrorist, to being a naughty boy getting his hand slapped with a warning, all because I sent my MP a copy of a book, reflecting the shameful direction my Government is leading my Country.

Ironic, no?









No comments: