Thursday 6 November 2008

More of my bit.

Dear Mr. Bayley,

I was just wondering if you had received your copy of the book, 'Nineteen eighty-four', by George Orwell that I sent to you at the Houses Of Parliament without any problems, as I worry that Royal Mail may have let me down.

If you did, splendid, and have you given any thought to reading it, or indeed, re-reading it?
I would love to hear any comments you have on it's relation to modern day life, because, as a voter, and one of your own constituents in York, I am genuinely worried as to the direction that my Country is heading under it's current government.

Perhaps you feel the same way as your fellow party member Mr. Tom Harris, who was, rather disappointingly, somewhat dismissive, and even contemptuous in his response.
Mr Bayley, despite the fact that I am not a Labour supporter, I do believe that you are a better, and fairer man than Mr. Harris showed himself to be, in fact, you seem like a decent chap on the whole, so any comments you have regarding your gift are eagerly anticipated, and welcomed by me.

If nothing else, at least you will be tempted to read, or re-read, a jolly good book again!

Yours Sincerely,

A concerned constituent.


The Email I just sent to bayleyh@parliament.uk


No comments: