Friday 28 November 2008

Trying to do a bit more.

Just sent this to The York Press via email. It's not much, but I suppose every little helps.

Hello,

Just wondering if you were aware of the fact that the UK Libertarian Party will be holding their Annual General Meeting in York tomorrow, just around the corner from your offices at the National Centre For Early Music (Part of St. Margaret's Church.), on Walmgate.

I thought it might make an interesting story for your readers, to hear more about the political party that plans to abolish Income Tax as one of their primary policies, and were responsible for sending every one of the 646 MP's in the country at least one copy of George Orwell's '1984', to remind them that the book was a warning, not a blueprint.

If you want any more information, please either contact me, or visit their website at http://www.lpuk.org .

Kind Regards,

[Bemused Wolf].



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there too. I'm running for the NCC, so please remember to vote(Preferably for me)!

Anonymous said...

(And yes, I do understand the irony of anonymously asking you to vote for me ;-) )

Bemused Wolf said...

Well, I'm thinking some of us could get together for a wee dram before the meeting.
If anyone else going to the AGM reaches this blog from OH's, how about it?

Martin said...

There's a few members meeting at the Spread Eagle near the Hall.
I'll probably be setting up the hall itself, so I most likely won't be there. I'm trying to avoid booze for the time being, anyway.

Should be a good day.