Friday 30 January 2009

The Yorkshire Libertarian Blog.

I have attempted to contact the owner of the Yorkshire Libertarian blog today, in the hope of getting posting permissions on that blog. The reason being (And one of the reasons for the scarcity of posts in this blog.), that I do not want this blog to have such a high volume of politics, and news reports.
This was supposed to be my personal blog, where I would talk about things of personal relaxation, my pastimes, and interests.

I believe I can contribute more to a dedicated Yorkshire Libertarian blog, and reach a wider audience with matters regarding Yorkshire, and libertarianism.
I seem to be having fairly regular correspondance with
Hugh Bayley MP at the moment, but I do not wish to be flooding this blog with these conversations.

The Yorkshire Libertarian (
YL) blog would be a perfect place for me to share, and document such correspondance, along with local news reports, like from the Yorkshire Evening Post, and York Press, and possibly the Wakefield Express, these being the ones that I myself have interests in.

In time, I would like to see other people from different parts of Yorkshire contributing stories from their local papers, Barnsley, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Halifax, Bradford, to name but a few.

Yorkshire is quite a big place when you think about it, and I do not think that the
YL blog should be wasted, as it has the potential to reach a lot of people. A lot of voters.

I will try to offer a Libertarian perspective to my contributions, as suggested by
Ian Parker Joseph, the leader of the LPUK, and add the footnote wherever possible of "If the LPUK were in power, they would..."

That's where I'm hoping to go anyway, I suppose it all depends on if the
YL blog owner gets my message in the comments section. Otherwise, does anyone else know who owns that blog? Or do you know how I could find out? I suppose I could just set up another YL blog.. I'll give it a few days first, and see if the YL owner contacts me, I don't want to tread on anyone's toes after all.

As for this blog, well, from my next post, it becomes my personal blog, about things of relaxation, and interest to me. The odd libertarian post, and political frustration will no doubt sneak in here, as they too are interests of mine, but decidedly less than have been here these last few Months.

3 comments:

Martin said...

I believe the yorkshire blog is run by Ian, or Shades on the forum.
http://iangrey.org/ is his site.

Bemused Wolf said...

Thank you!

Henry North London 2.0 said...

I live in Yorkshire part time too