Saturday 6 December 2008

Wanna buy a laptop..?

Okay, I WILL get to my thoughts on the LPUK AGM this weekend, and a few other things I wanted to write about too, but I just saw this, and, well..

Coffee----->Keyboard..


From the
York Press:

A COUPLE are £500 out of pocket after buying a laptop case which was actually full of bottles of pop.

The man and woman were out shopping when they were approached outside the Tesco supermarket at Clifton Moor Retail Park and asked if they wanted to buy a laptop computer.

They told police they had seen the laptop and it was in good condition. The conman even produced a receipt to show it was not stolen.

The couple withdrew the £500 asking price from a cash machine and claimed they saw the laptop being placed in the bag.

But when they got home and opened the laptop bag they found it actually contained three two-litre bottles of fizzy drinks.



Now, I realise, that an awful thing has just happened to them, particularly at this time of year, and in these times, but..

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT?!?

I have a bridge for sale if they're interested..

2 comments:

Paul R said...

I've always thought that buying computer equipment off random people in the street is always the best way of making such purchases.

What's this bridge like then?

Martin said...

Ah, that old trick. Poor buggers.